BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Walk beacuse we can!

What an amazing day! 2,600 people, it looked like even more, showed up for the Walk to Defeat ALS. It made me tear up to see that so many people care. There was a dj at the staging area, when the music started I was holding back the tears! Thanks to my family who donated. They raised nearly 300,000.  Les walked with me, then we went to the Saturday Market and had some good food and entertainment. It was one day I'll always remember. Hope to do it again next year!

5 comments:

Greg Dymerski said...

WAY TO GO CATHY! We wish you the best. I am sure the walk was a piece of cake for you. See you soon, Love Greg

Cathy Curths said...

Thanks,
I hope you had a good visit with Dad and Alice.
Love, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
What a great experience! You go girl! Sounds like they had many walkers-that's wonderful. Enjoyed the pictures. Saturday Market looks like fun. We enjoyed it that morning we were there. Hope you continue holding steady. It was so good to see you.
We have beautiful weather here-80's and sunny. We'll pay for it later.
Always thinking of you!
Love,
Mary D.

Cathy Curths said...

Thanks Mary,
We had a good time with Dad and Alice, too. Kudos to them for making that long drive the way they do! We are having warm but hmid weather this week. Better than rain. Thinking of you, tooLOve, Cathy

Elizabeth said...

WAY TO GO CATHY! We wish you the best. I am sure the walk was a piece of cake for you. See you soon, Love Greg