BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hope and Faith

Wow ! What a beautiful spring day, well almost spring. It’s hard to stay indoors on a day like this. I walked to New Seasons and back today (about 5 mi total) Last fall when so much uncertainty swirled around, I thought by now that my walks would be done. Les refused to believe the diagnosis, now the Doctor says it’s not ALS, but some other Neurological disorder. I was and am ready for whatever, but I treasure days like today. And I marvel at simple things, like walking or using my arms and hands. The human body is such an amazing creation.
Love to all, Cathy

7 comments:

Greg Dymerski said...

Cathy- Sam and Natalie are actually in Salem and then are going to the beach for a couple of days- so you won't be seeing them. You are a great writer as has been said before. Very poignant and deep. I wish I could have made it home in time to see the beautiful spring like day! I understand what you are saying too.

Love, Greg

john said...

Cathy, See you tuesday. Can we take the max to south center from the airport and you could pick us up there? Love Dad

Cathy Curths said...

If you want, or I can drive to the airport. Let me know. I don't mind driving there, either. You can ride the red line from the airport to gateway, but from there you catch the green line to clackamas, Unless you want me to pick you up at gateway. There are several lines, they go by color. Our line is green and the airport line is red.
Love, Cathy

john said...

Cathy, That is what we will do,and we will call you from Clackamas. Love Dad

Cathy Curths said...

ok sounds good! Les says the red line is pretty much right out front of the airport. Then transfer to the green line at gateway. We rode the green line to the Convention Center about a month ago.
Love, Cathy

Mary D. said...

Cathy,
Nice words. We look out at the foot of snow in our yard, on the garden, and wonder how anything will ever be green and growing again. But every spring the miracle happens! So many amazing things in life to find awe and joy in. The sun is out here and it is finally getting into the 40s and things are melting. JD and Alice have a great trip--we've been having the coolest birds at the feeder in the last week--evening grosbeaks--the males look like they have yellow Oakley sunglasses on--too cool. I am hoping that means spring is close.
Enjoy the nice days and family.

Cathy Curths said...

I hope spring arrives quickly there, too! Dad and Alice had a good trip.
Take Care, Love, Cathy