BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bridge to Brews Walk/Run

well today was a first for Les and I, we walked the 8k(5 mi) route for Bridge to Brews, this year they were raising money for ALS, so I wanted to participate.  I just wanted to do something to be a part of the cure. It was cold when we arrived, but as soon as we started the Sun burned through and it was a beautiful morning. We crossed the Fremont Bridge and then came back over the Broadway Bridge. It's the only race where they close the Fremont Bridge. The view is very pretty from up there. Then back to Widmer Brewery for Veggie wraps and of course Widmer beer. I told Les we should do it again next year!
Blazers won tonight, showed a lot of heart. Rip City, baby!



8 comments:

john said...

Cathy, great photos. Hope you are doing ok. love you guys Dad and Alice

Cathy Curths said...

I'm doing fine. We love you, too. Hope all is well. Spring is here, nice to have 60's and near 70.

Cathy Curths said...

Ryan said Utah won last night, that's good :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the brews walk! Very cool picts on the bridge with no cars!
Rainy and cool here now.
One more week of classes. I'm beat.
Hope you are feeling good!

love,
Mary D.

Cathy Curths said...

I'm gald you are almost done. Alicia's taking Anatomy and Physiology and wishes she was done. I told her to hang in there! Love the Crosby, Stills and Nash comment on FB, my fav song theyn did was "we will never pass this way again" I have it on my music player. Love you Mary, Cathy

Greg Dymerski said...

Way to go Cathy! We were there in spirit. You are very inspirational. I wonder if the Blazers know about one of their biggest fans...

Love, Greg

Cathy Curths said...

Thanks Greg,
I hope everything with the transplant goes well, sounds like you have a lot of tests and prepratory measures. It was quite a sight seeing all those runners take off and go over the Bridge. we are all pulling for your success with the bone marrow transplant,
Love, Cathy

Cook said...

Cathy, great photos. Hope you are doing ok. love you guys Dad and Alice