BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

update

I hate talking about my health issues but Dad and family I know you want to know :) I saw the Rheumatologist and she says I have crest, no not the toothpaste, haha. It's a auto immune that has four parts that a person may have one or more. I have the Scleroderma and Raynauds and may get the others. Each letter stands for a different part of crest. She put me on methotrexate and will gradually increase the doseage. The name soumds familiar, Greg did you get this at some point? It's hard on the liver, too; so not to many beers in my future. Glad I got down to the brewfest before I got on this new med. She sent me to the lab for more blood work and then for a chest xray. I'll be getting a heart ultrasound in the near future. The wierd thing is when well rested I don't feel too bad. She said I've prboably had it for a while so I don't know any different. They have to watch for damage to internal organs from the scleroderma, but my kidneys are fine.
Love, Cathy

6 comments:

Greg Dymerski said...

Cathy, i used methotrexate in chemo sessions and in fact get some in my spine tomorrow! This has to be great news compared to ALS! I hope you can get ti treated without too many problems from the methotrexate. Wow, every week seems to bring a new diagnosis. Those prayers are working!

Cathy Curths said...

Well I hope I don't have both but it seems strange to me. I may need to get a second opinion on the ALS. I thought you had the methotrexate. I don't seem to be getting weaker so I think the ALS is a misdiagnoses. I hope the spine treatment goes well with no after effects. Yes the prayers are welcome.b

Greg Dymerski said...

Depending on the dose, methotrexate doesn't cause much of an issue. I'd be interested to know how much and how they will give it to you. The prayers will continue.

Cathy Curths said...

They start out small and work to a larger dose : four 2.5 mg tabs once a week for two wks, I'm supposed to take em all at the same time, then six for the second two weeks, then eight after that and stay on that dose. I take folic acid along with it.You are probably getting way more infused. Hope everything goes well for you today.

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
Glad to hear you are getting a possibly more firm and optimistic diagnosis as well as something to help with it. Auto-immune stuff is all so complex and interconnected. I bet the majority of folks these days have some kind of auto immune dysfunction.
Hoping you always stay well rested and feeling good and there is no organ damage.
You are in our prayers.
love,
Mary D.

Cathy Curths said...

If I have both I'm in a very small percentage. My Rhuemotologist has never had a patient with both. I can't find many examples of anyone who has. Either my Neurologist is wrong or I'm quite rare.