BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Tagged Layouts »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday reflections

I’m feeling very reflective today, what spurred this mood is changes at Church. Our lead Pastor, who has been in that position for about 16 years, is handing the reigns to a younger Pastor. He will still be around, but focusing on other plans we have over there. It has been in the works for awhile, today was the big day. He will do fine as he shares the vision of reaching those who don’t know Christ.( A little history, New Hope started at the Division St. drive-in by Dale Galloway abt 1972, held Service Sunday mornings after cleaning up the Saturday night mess!)later on they purchased the land that they are now on. We’ve been going to New Hope for about 7 years, Pastor Ray has become a very memorable part of our lives. Ray and Janet had a son the same age as Alicia, and they all used to hang out at our house. The realtor who showed us this house we bought went to New Hope, and the Man who lived in our house used to work there! This house and New Hope were all in God’s plan before we even knew it. What brought me over there was some very trying times in our family life; I knew that only God could help me through. I went alone at first as Les was working a lot and showing our other house every weekend. But before long he was joining me, Alicia even went and was in the youth group for awhile. I have never seen so much love and caring and praying as I’ve seen there.
Change is something that happens so I embrace it and glad for all the memories. Hope everyone is doing well.
Love, Cathy

6 comments:

Greg Dymerski said...

Cathy, I am very happy to see you embrace change and love and all of the good things life brings us. I get a lot of inspiration from you! I am still growing, it sure looks like you are too. It will all work out! Your new Pastor included.

Cathy Curths said...

Glad you are doing so well. Lost starts tomorrpw btw.

john said...

Cathy,keep up the good spirits. Love Dad and Alice

Cathy Curths said...

Will do. It's sunny today so that should lift all our spirits!

Sharon J Brown said...

I attended the drive-in church and have been to New Hope, although it was many years ago. I am glad that you have seen love, caring and praying there.

Cathy Curths said...

Wow,
Small world, what church do you attend now?